When you arrive at our center we ask that you check in to verify personal, escort, and insurance information.
After checking in at our center, a nurse will do a health interview and prepare you for surgery. An anesthesiologist will discuss your anesthesia with you and answer any questions. You will then be escorted to the operating room. During surgery, your escort will stay in a waiting area and will rejoin you after your surgery.
Please bathe or shower with an antibacterial soap 1 day prior to your surgery and again on the morning of your surgery. Do not shave the area near your surgical site. If shaving is required near or at your surgical site, it will be done at the surgery center.
- Do not put on any lotion, perfume, oils, makeup, or nail polish.
- You can brush your teeth, but do not swallow any toothpaste or water.
- Please remove nail polish from one finger.
Please wear comfortable clothing on the day of your surgery, such as button-down shirts and loose fitting pants. Wear comfortable slip-on shoes and no high heels. Bon Air Surgery Center is not responsible for any lost or damaged property. Remove contact lenses. If needed wear glasses. Do not wear makeup, false eyelashes, hairpins or jewelry of any kind. Leave all jewelry (including all metal body piercings) and valuables at home.
What to Bring:
On the day of your surgery, you will need to bring the following:
- Insurance card(s) and Government issued photo ID – Due to the Identity Theft Laws, patients are required to bring in a valid picture ID and insurance card, along with any financial payment due upon arrival.
- Driver/escort – Upon check in, a staff member will ask you for your rides name and telephone number so that we will be able to contact them with an estimated pick up time.
- Legal guardian (for children/dependent adults)
- Interpreter (if necessary)
- Advanced Directive
- List of medications and dosage that you are taking including herbal and over the counter medications.
- Case for eyeglasses. Please leave contacts at home.
- Small tote or bag for your clothes and belongings, or a plastic bag will be provided
Arrive at Bon Air Surgery Center one hour prior to your surgery unless told otherwise by the surgery center. You will be meeting with your anesthesiologist and preparing for your surgery during this time.
Please note that our waiting room is relatively small and does not allow for large groups of people. Patients should have no more than 2 people waiting for them in our waiting areas. Please make arrangements for childcare prior to your surgical date; children under 10 are not allowed to wait in the waiting room.
- Parking is available
Know your financial responsibility before arriving the day of the procedure. You will be contacted by the Center’s business office prior to the day of your procedure to verify your financial responsibility i.e. deductibles and co-insurance. Upon arrival at the Center, your financial portion of the procedure must be paid. Failure to do so could result in cancellation. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, cashier’s check or debit card. We also accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover card. Personal checks are NOT accepted. Leave all other valuables at home.